Wednesday 4 February 2015

KIT PICKS: My new gear

I haven't done a Kit Picks post in a while and over Christmas, I got some amazing new essentials to help with my current training, most of which are all triathlon related.

I must say I am one to budget buy when it comes to kit. Sports Direct is my BFF for Karrimor tops and leggings, as well as low price Puma sports bras. So getting nice, slightly more luxurious pieces for Christmas was a treat. Not to say that Karrimor and Puma are low range - they too offer reasonable comfort and a decent shelf life too!

First up has to be more shiny new triathlon suit. I mentioned this back on my wish list (see here) in December and I was ecstatic to get it. I opted for a Zone3 Women's Aquaflo Trisuit (RRP £85). I'm a curvy athlete and I wanted a suit built for my shape and this seemed to fit the bill. Its designed to reduce drag during the swim and the fabric is fast drying and Teflon coated. There is also a sturdy inner sports bra built in and when you are not so flat chested like me, this is very much appreciated.
I found it weird getting this on for the first time and did have a fear at first that it wouldn't stretch past my knees. However, after pulling and tugging I got it zipped up and I definitely felt streamlined in it! Me being me, the look of the suit for a big deal and I thought having a black suit would be more complimenting whilst the deep purple side panels make it just that little bit girly. I'll definitely be practising in this come the warmer months on the bike and in the pool! It's vital for me to get familiar to wearing a suit and feeling comfortable for the big day!

Next up, I got confirmation that Santa had indeed read my list as I was also luckily enough to unwrap the Zoggs Predator Flex Reactor Swimming Goggles. My goggles at the time were on their last legs. The rubber was splitting and the seals were so knackered and worn they seeped in water. I must also mention that these goggles gave me the worst marks.
As I will be venturing into outdoor swimming this year, I wanted to give the Zoggs a go. They have a built in anti-fog system and provide 180 degree vision through the extra wide lens. They are also photo chromatic so no need to worry about low sunshine obscuring my vision. When I first wore these, I was in love. Super comfy and clear, I sailed through the swimming session but did end up with some rather unattractive marks still.So the next time, I kept this in mind and didn't press the suction of the rubber onto my eyes so much. This helped to avoid goggle marks however the anti fog system failed as I must have not had them sealed in place fully.

That said though, I am definitely happy with these and will continue using them during my training.

Along with my triathlon picks, I was also fortunate to receive some new running gear. My sister knows my style and gifted these super comfy ELLE Sport Capri Leggings. I've worn these for a couple of runs now and I really like the waistband on these as it isn't too tight and doesn't 'protrude' my um, *cough* chunky lower back.
As well as leggings, I also got this super bright Asics top. I don't own a pink running top so it's definitely a nice addition to the kit draw and it is something I like wearing at the moment with my Nike winter skin. You can see me a mile off!
I am loving having new kit to train in. There is nothing more satisfying (and motivating) than heading out in shiny new gear and I definitely feel fully prepped for all my disciplines I am training for.


Lipstick Runner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment