Sunday 10 May 2015

FUEL FOR THOUGHT: Deliciously Ella's Sweet Potato Brownies

This week I have converted to clean eating. If you read my latest Operation Bridal Bod (here), you will see my body is in need of a food overhaul. I have actually been well behaved. Very good in fact! Planning my meals in advance has helped hugely and to aid my habit of sweet cravings, I opted to make Deliciously Ella's Sweet Potato Brownies, which are vegan and free from processed sugar. Thumbs up!

These brownies are super-duper easy to make and take so scrummy - guilt free yumminess!
INGREDIENTS (to make 10 brownies)

2 sweet potatoes
80g ground almonds
100g spelt flour (Ella suggests rice flour but all I had was spelt which works just as well)
Two handfuls of dates
4 tbsps cacoa powder
3 tablespoons of honey (Ella suggest maple syrup but, again, I didn't have this so opted for honey)

1. Chop the sweet potatoes into chunks and cook in the oven set to 180 degrees. Bake until soft and squidgy.
2. Once cooked through, blend with the dates. Then in a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cacoa powder and ground almonds.
3. Mix the sweet potato and dates with the dry mixture, adding in the honey to allow it all to bind together. 
4. Place into a brownie baking dish (or like I have used here - loaf tins) and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Once cooked, place on a cooling rack before serving with a nice cup of tea.
How easy can you get!? It took me around 40 minutes to prepare once the sweet potato was cooked. The cacoa powder relieves the sweet tooth but the mixture alone is very rich so a little slice is all you need to feel satisfied. 

What other clean eating recipes would you suggest? I'm definitely on the hunt for more.


Lipstick Runner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment